Name: Dr. Satya Nath Pegu
Present Position: Assistant Professor of English w.e.f 24-09-2022, Lakhimpur Commerce College
Name of the Institution: Lakhimpur Commerce College
Address of the Institution: North Lakhimpur, Assam
Research Interest: Comparative Literature, African-American Fiction, Women’s Writing and Feminism
Specialized Course: Comparative Literature and Indian English literature
Address for Correspondence: C.D. Road, North Lakhimpur- 787001
Emil ID : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Mobile Number: 8473973308/ 9401501904
Date of Birth: 14-04-1991
Father’s Name: Mr.Dimbeswar Pegu
Mother’s Name: Mrs. Sushila Pegu
Language: Mishing, Assamese, Hindi and English
Name: Dr.Satya Nath Pegu
S.O. : Mr. Dimbeswar Pegu
At : Kumarbari, Lakhimi, Near St. Paul’s School
District: Majuli, Assam
Pin. : 785105
Educational Qualification : M.A., Ph.D., SLET
Ph.D., Department of English, Nagaland University (A Central University), 2021
M.A. in English, Kokrajhar Campus, Gauhati University, SLET in English, 2014
B.A. in English Honours, Aryavidyapeeth College, Gauhati, 2012
H.S., Crescent Academy, Jorhat, 2009
H.S.L.C., St. Paul’s High School, Majuli, 2007
Title of Ph.D. Thesis: “IDENTITY, HISTORY AND POLITICS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF SELECT NOVELS OF B.K. BHATTACHARYA, INDIRA GOSWAMI, GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ ANDISABEL ALLENDE”
Experience in College Administration and Governance
Course Coordinator: Integrated Diploma in Interior Designing for the session 2022-2023
Teacher.-in-Charge:Boys’ Common Room, Students’ Union of Lakhimpur Commerce College for the session 2022-2023.
Member: Advisor ofthe Wall Magazine, Graffiti, Department of English for the Session 2022-2023.
Publications and Seminars
Papers Published in ISSN/ISBN
- Published a paper entitled Representation of Ethnic Identity in Selected Fiction from the Northeast of India inLakhimpur Commerce College Research Journal (ISSN-2320-5415), Vol.4, Issue 1 Oct. 2021- March 2022
- Published a paper entitled New Historicism in IJESRT (ISSN No. 2277-9655), UGC Serial No. 43449, Vol. 8, Issue 3 March, 2019.
- Published a paper entitled Reading The Similarities Between Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s “One Hundred Years of Solitude” and Isabel Allende’s “The House of the Spirits” in IJESRT (ISSN No. 2277-9655), UGC Serial No. 43449, Vol. 8, Issue 1 January, 2019.
- Published a paper entitled Nationalism and History in Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya’s “Love in the Time of Insurgency” and Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s “One Hundred Years of Solitude” in the book named, Ethno-Nationalism in India: Interdisciplinary Perspectives, edited by Debajyoti Biswas (ISBN: 978-81-269-3341-9).
- Published a paper entitled Identity Crisis in Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya’s “Love in the Time of Insurgency” in the book named,Regimentation in Literature: A Critical Perspective, edited by Bhaskar Ch. Sarkar(ISBN: 978-93-88963-71-8).
- Published a paper entitled Anjum Hasan’s “Lunatic in My Head”: Dichotomy of the Insider-Outsider in Postcolonial Shillong in the book named, Literature From Northeast India: Critical Responses, edited by Rustam Brahma and Ronchai Basumutary (ISBN:978-93-85230-30-1).
- Published a paper entitled Arbindonean School of Poetry in the online journal, International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, European Academic Research Vol.
IV. Issue 1/April 2016, Impact Factor: 3.4546(UIF) DRJ Value: 5, 9 (B+), edited by Dr. Ecaterina Patrascu (ISSN 2286-4822) Declaration, published in the web educademic.org> Upload Article.
- Presented a paper entitled Nationalism and History in Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya’s “Love in the Time of Insurgency” and Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s “One Hundred Years of Solitude” at the International Seminar on Reconfiguring Nationalism: Protest and Acquiescence, organized by the Department of English, Bodoland University, Kokrajhar, Assam in collaboration with the Department of Political Science, Cotton University, Guwahati and academic association with G.L.C. College, Barpeta Road on 6th , 7th and 8th February 2020.
- Presented a paper entitled New Historicism in Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s “One Hundred Years of Solitude” and Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya’s “Mrityunjay” at the International Conference on Contemporary American Literature, History, Culture and Politics, organized by theDepartment of English,Nagaland University, Meriema, Kohimaon28th February and 1st March 2019.
- Presented a paper entitled Manifestation of Society and Culture: Women in Indira Goswami’s “The Moth-Eaten Howdah of the Tusker” and Isabel Allende’s “The House of the Spirits” at the National Seminar on Re-Configuring Indian Culture and Scientific Temperament, Central Institude of Technology, Deemed to be University, MHRD, Govt. of India, Kokrajhar, Assamin collaboration with Department of English, Bodoland University on the 28th and 29th of January, 2020.
- Presented a paper entitled Ecocritical Reading of Romesh Gunesekera’s Novel “Reef” at the U.G.C. sponsored National Seminar on Contemporary Literature in the Changing Socio-Cultural Scenario, organised by the Department of English, Margherita College, Margherita, Assam in collaboration with the Rotary Club, Margherita on the 18th and 19th of september,2015.
- Presented a paper entitled Social Realism in the Post-Independence Indian English Fiction at the U.G.C sponsored National Seminar on The Indian Novel in the Post-Independence Period, organized by the Department of English, Digboi Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Digboi, Assam in collaboration with Microforce (A Multi-Dimensional NGO) on the 6thand 7th of February, 2015.
Award: Awarded Anundoram Borooah Award for securing First Division in HSLC from Planning and Development Department, Government of Assam.
Skill: Computer Skill, completed a course titled Swift India 2000 on 12th December 2007.